Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. What is the telephone number of Publishers Clearing House?
A. There are multiple Publishers Clearing House phone numbers available to you, but the number you most likely want is the PCH customer service number at 1-800-459-4724. See the links below for pages that confirm this telephone number as well as other Publishers Clearing House numbers that might be useful:
1. How Do I Contact Publishers Clearing House? - On this Publishers Clearing House page, you’ll find the customer service phone number mentioned above, plus a technical support phone number if you are having trouble with the PCH Web site. (pch.custhelp.com)
Q. Where can I find house address numbers made from copper?
A. Below are 10 good sources for copper house numbers, from inexpensive copper-plated numbers to higher-end, handmade copper numbers:
1. Home Depot - 4-inch or 5-inch copper house number priced at around $5 to $9 per number. (www.homedepot.com)
2. Copper Arts and Crafts House Numbers from Mission Metalworks at Shop 4 Classics - Classic look from these 5-inch tall and quarter-inch thick handmade copper numbers. (www.shop4classics.com)
Q. What are my options for making my Gerber life insurance payment?
A. You can pay your Gerber life insurance bill online or by mail. See the links below for both options:
1. Gerber Life Insurance - Online Login and Bill Pay - Click through to log in to your Gerber life insurance account and make a payment online. If you haven’t yet signed up for online access, you’ll find an “Enroll in Gerber Life eService” link to register. (www.gerberlife.com)
2. Gerber Life Insurance Payment Mailing Address and Customer Service Phone Number - Click through to find the payment mailing address and/or Gerber customer service telephone number. (www.gerberlife.com)
Q. Where can I find used awnings?
A. As you probably know, awnings aren’t cheap, whether you are searching for a used home awning or an RV / camper awning, so looking for a used awning makes good sense. However, they are NOT easy to find. Below are 5+ sources for used awnings:
1. eBay - Over 75 auctions of used awnings here, including retractable patio awnings, large aluminum awnings, RV awnings and awning parts and replacement fabric. (shop.ebay.com)
2. Craigslist - Click through for a compilation of current ads for used awnings for sale from Craigslist classifieds sites from across the country, including mostly RV and camper / travel trailer awnings, but home awnings as well. (www.google.com)
Q. Where can I see a list of credit cards from department stores and other retailers?
A. We’ve got a list of over 50 department credit cards and other store cards right here:
1. Target REDCard - Apply for a Target stores credit card. Target RED card offers a 5%-off reward on all card purchases. (redcard.target.com)
2. Wal-Mart Credit Cards - Offers a Wal-Mart Discover credit card that can be used at Wal-Mart or anywhere else and rebates up to one percent of your purchases back to you. Also offers a Wal-Mart-only credit card. (www.walmart.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Sunoco credit card?
A. You can pay online or by mail. Use the links below to reach the online login area or to find the payment mailing address:
1. Sunoco Credit Card Online Login & Bill Pay - Click through to log in to your Sunoco credit card account and pay online or otherwise manage your account. (This site is from Citibank, the actual issuer of the Sunoco credit card.) If you don’t yet have a User ID and password to access your account, you’ll find a link to register for online access here, too. Also, note that there are customer service phone numbers listed on the right-hand side of the page under the name of each Sunoco card. (www.accountonline.com)
2. Sunoco Credit Card Payment Mailing Address - On this page of Citi contact info you’ll find the address for Sunoco credit card payments. The address is a bit hidden, so we’ll tell you that it is Sunoco Processing Center, P.O. Box 689153, Des Moines, IA 50368-9155. (creditcards.citi.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Chevron credit card bill?
A. You can pay your Chevron Texaco credit card online or by mail. The first two links below will direct you to the online payment center as well as a mailing address if you prefer to pay that way. You’ll find the Chevron business credit card login link below as well:
1. Chevron Texaco Card - Login & Bill Pay - Click through and you will find the page to log in to your Chevron credit card account, where you can pay your bill online. If you don’t yet have a User ID and password to sign in, you’ll find a “Register Here” link to get started toward an online account. (www.chevrontexacocards.com)
2. Chevron Credit Card Mailing Address and Customer Service Phone Number - Click through to find the payment mailing address for your Chevron credit card, as well as the customer service phone number if you need other help with paying your bill. (www.chevrontexacocards.com)
Q. Where can I see SUVs for sale by owner, NOT from dealerships?
A. While it’s tough to single out private owner for-sale SUV listings from those of dealers, the 7 links below are a good start on your search:
1. Auto Trader - Over 14,000 listings of used SUVs for sale from private owners here. You’ll want to narrow the selection obviously — click through and hit the “Modify search” button to select your zip code, price range, mileage, etc. of SUV you might want to buy. (www.autotrader.com)
2. Cars.com - Almost 5,000 listings of used SUVs being sold by owners at this classifieds site. Narrow the selection by location, year, make, mileage, price, etc. to find what you want. (www.cars.com)
Q. Where can I shop online that allows me to buy today but pay later?
A. Below are 12 links that will help you find stores that allow you to buy now and pay later, from clothing to electronics to furniture:
1. BillMeLater Shopping - Store Directory - Bill Me Later allows you to shop online without a credit or debit card — instead, you enter your birthday and the last 4 digits of your Social Security number to buy now, then you receive a bill later to pay. This link offers you a directory of online stores that accept BillMeLater as a form of payment, including stores offering clothing and shoes, furniture, jewelry, computers and laptops, more. To get started, just shop — BillMeLater will be offered as an option when you check out at any of these stores, and you can register for the service at that time. (shopping.billmelater.com)
2. Rent-A-Center - “Rent to own” is sometimes thought of as interchangeable with “buy now pay later” because you get the item you want and pay for it over a period of time (usually at a high interest rate). Rent-A-Center is one of the best known rent-to-own stores, offering furniture, TVs and other electronics, computers, major appliances and more on a Buy Now Pay Later basis. There’s no credit check, making it attractive for those with bad credit histories. (www6.rentacenter.com)
Q. Where can I find used carpet?
A. This is a tough one. While buying used carpet is obviously cheaper than buying new, there is only so much demand for used carpet, and much of it simply gets thrown away instead of re-sold. However, we have found a handful of resources for used carpet, including:
1. Carpet Tile Guys - Collinsville, Illinois company ships used carpet tiles “across town, across the USA!” (carpettileguys.com)
2. UsedCarpetTile.com - Last we checked, this company that specializes in used carpet had a few lots of used carpet tiles, measuring from 18 or 24 square inches per tile. You can buy online and have it shipped. (usedcarpettile.com)
Q. How do I see the “classic” version of MapQuest? What is the difference between MapQuest Classic and regular MapQuest?
A. MapQuest Classic is no more. It was taken down at the end of April 2013 and a formal announcement was made on May 1, 2013.
The links below detail MapQuest Classic’s sad demise and link to the new version of MapQuest:
1. Classic MapQuest Bids Us Farewell! - Archive from a third-party site shows the May 1, 2013 post from the MapQuest blog announcing the end of MapQuest Classic, but saying “Don’t worry, all your maps from your My Places account in Classic MapQuest have migrated over safely to the new MapQuest site. Everything is waiting for you.” (archive.is)
2. MapQuest - “New” MapQuest is now the only MapQuest. (www.mapquest.com)
Q. How can I make a payment on my AT&T Universal credit card?
A. You can pay your AT&T Universal Card balance online or by mail. The first two links below feature the online login form or the payment mailing address, while the links further down are essentially the same information on different pages of the AT&T or Citibank site (Citi is the actual issuer of the AT&T credit cards).
1. AT&T Online Login and Bill Pay - Click through to find the AT&T Universal Card Web site home page, which features a “Sign on to your account” area on the right-hand side of the page. Log in with your user ID and password to access your account and make a card payment. If you don’t yet have a user ID and password, you can click the Register button to get those & then access your account online. (www.accountonline.com)
2. AT&T Universal Card Payment Mailing Address and Customer Service Phone Number - Click through to find the address if you’d like to pay your AT&T Universal Card bill by mail. Last we checked, the address was: AT&T Universal Card, P.O. Box 183037, Columbus, OH 43218-3037. You’ll also find the customer service telephone number here. (www.universalcard.com)
Q. Where can I buy Tiffany & Co. watches online?
A. Tiffany now sells many of its watches online through the official Tiffany & Co. site, plus there are a very small number of other retailers that sell antique / vintage Tiffany watches online. Please note that Tiffany does not allow any other retailer to sell its watches new, so if you see Tiffany watches being sold as new elsewhere, they are not authentic. (Obviously this does not necessarily apply to used Tiffany watches being sold by private owners.)
Below you will find the very short list of sites that sell real, authentic Tiffany watches:
1. Watches at Tiffany & Co. - Browse Tiffany watches and buy online, with a large selection of both men’s and women’s watches. The price of a new Tiffany watch sold online generally starts at around $3,000 and can go into the tens of thousands. (www.tiffany.com)
2. eBay - About 250 Tiffany & Co. watches up for auction or immediate sale here, including vintage and antique watches from a variety of years. Note that while most of these watches appear to be authentic, you will also see some Tiffany watches described as being new — Tiffany does not allow any other retailer to sell its watches new, so any new watch you see is either not authentic or is being described as new when it fact it was purchased second-hand. (shop.ebay.com)
Q. What are my options for making my Goodyear credit card payment?
A. You can pay your Goodyear credit card bill online or by mail. Check the links below to access these options, as well as other relevant info about paying your bill:
1. Goodyear Credit Card Login and Bill Pay - Log in here to pay your Goodyear credit card bill online. If you don’t have a user ID and password, you can register for those here. This site is from Citibank, the actual issuer of the Goodyear credit card. Note that you can also find the Goodyear / Citi customer service phone number here: 1-877-780-8897. (www.accountonline.com)
2. Goodyear Credit Card Payment Address - When you click through to this Citi site, you won’t see Goodyear specifically mentioned, but we called Citi and found out the Goodyear credit card payment mailing address is: Goodyear Payment Processing Center, P.O. Box 183015, Columbus, OH 43218-3015. (online.citibank.com)
Q. What are my options for making a payment on my Staples credit card?
A. You can pay your Staples credit card balance online or by mail. Use the links below to access all of your options. (Note that the Staples credit card is actually issued by Citibank, so your payments will go to Citi.)
1. Staples Personal Credit Card Login & Bill Pay - Click through to log in to your Staples credit card account and pay your bill online or otherwise manage your account. If you do not have a User ID and Password for online access, you’ll find a link to register your account for online access here as well. (www.accountonline.com)
2. Staples Business Credit Card Account Login & Bill Pay - If you have a Staples credit card specifically for your small business, this is the link to use to log in and pay your bill online. (www.accountonline.com)
Q. Where can I read some reviews of Milgard windows?
A. There are not a lot of Milgard reviews online, but we’ve rounded up everything we could find — see the links below:
1. Consumer Complaints About Milgard Windows & Doors - A handful of complaints about Milgard windows from this site that encourages people to voice their negative reviews and experiences. (www.consumeraffairs.com)
2. Window & Door Ratings and Reviews on Milgard.com - You always have to be slightly suspicious when reviews of a company’s products are posted on the company’s own Web site, so you might want to take the reviews here with a grain of salt. (www.milgard.com)
Q. What is the address for Ally / GMAC?
A. You’ll find mailing addresses for Ally Auto, GMAC Mortgage, and GMAC Insurance below, along with a few other contact links that might be helpful:
1. Ally Auto Payment Mailing Address - By now you probably know that GMAC auto loans have changed names and are under the Ally banner. This link takes you to payment mailing information for Ally / GMAC auto loans — last we looked, the address was: Payment Processing Center, P.O. Box 9001951, Louisville, KY 40290-1951. (www.ally.com)
2. Ocwen / GMAC Mortgage Address - Most GMAC mortgage loans have recently been sold to Ocwen Loan Servicing. Go here to find the Ocwen mortgage payment mailing address as well as other Ocwen addresses and customer service information. (ocwen.mortgagebanksite.com)
Q. How do I check the balance on my Direct Express debit card?
A. If you get your Social Security or other government benefits loaded directly on to a Direct Express debit card, you can check your balance online, by phone, or at most automated teller machines (ATMs). See the links below to access your card balance:
1. Direct Express Login and Balance Check - You can check your Direct Express MasterCard debit card balance when you use this link to log in to your account on the Direct Express Web site. If you haven’t used the site before, you will find a “Create New User” button that will help you gain online account access. (www.usdirectexpress.com)
2. Direct Express New User Registration - If you haven’t checked your Direct Express card balance online before, you’ll need to register with the site in order to get online account access. You will need to have your Direct Express debit card in hand in order to create your account. (www.usdirectexpress.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my Fingerhut bill?
A. You can pay your Fingerhut credit bill online, by mail, over the phone, and even through automatic payments from your bank account. See the links below to access all of your options:
1. Fingerhut Login and Bill Pay - Click through to sign in to your Fingerhut account and make a payment online. If you don’t already have an online account password, you can register for online access here. (www.fingerhut.com)
2. How Do I Make A Payment on My WebBank / Fingerhut Credit Account? - This page tells you how to pay your Fingerhut credit card bill online or by mail (with mailing address provided), plus offers two other options for payments. (www.fingerhut.com)