Search engines are often great, but sometimes they frustrate you. You type in some words and get a bunch of links back, but you can’t figure out which of the links will answer your question or solve your problem. Sometimes it would be nice to have a person recommend the best links for your need, or at least make sense of the many sites that claim to solve your problem. That’s the goal of Bessed (pronounced “Best”).
Q. Where can I see a list of credit cards from department stores and other retailers?
A. We’ve got a list of over 50 department credit cards and other store cards right here:
1. Kohl’s Charge Card - Credit card used for purchases at Kohl’s department stores only. (www.kohlscorporation.com)
2. Macy’s Credit Card - Offers store credit cards with varying Star Rewards levels. (www.macys.com)
Q. Where can I find used Honda Gold Wing motorcycles for sale?
A. Mostly you’ll have to look at the online motorcycle classifieds sites to find used Goldwings, as that’s where most get listed, both from dealers and those for sale by owner. Unfortunately, there are a lot of bad free classified ad sites out there that look a little dodgy. We made a list of 8 places to look for used GoldWings below, and after the first 6 or so, these even get questionable:
1. eBay Motors - Over 150 used Honda Gold Wing touring motorcycles, trikes and other bikes up for auction or immediate sale, some from dealers and others for sale by owner. (www.ebay.com)
2. Cycle Trader - Over 400 used Honda Goldwings listed at this motorcycle classifieds site, mostly dealer ads but some Goldwings for sale by owner. Used Goldwings listed for sale here from across the country, but especially Florida, Texas, California, Ohio, Georgia, and Wisconsin. (www.cycletrader.com)
Q. Where do I go to log in to my Sears credit card account?
A. Your Sears credit card is issued by Citibank, so you will log in to your account via a Citi site. See below for the link to log in as well as a few other links that may help if you have any trouble accessing your account.
1. Sears Credit Card Login - Click through and look for the login area on the right-hand-side of this Citibank site set up for Sears card holders. (www.citibank.com)
2. Sears Secure Sign-On - Another signon page to access your Sears (Citi) credit card account. (www.accountonline.com)
Q. Where can I find used refrigerators?
A. Some traditional retailers sell used scratch & dent refrigerators, and there is a good secondary market for used refrigerators as well. The sites below offer a number of options for buying a used refrigerator.
1. eBay - Over 3,000 used residential and commercial refrigerators up for auction or immediate sale here, including white or stainless steel, side-by-side or stacked refrigerator / freezers from GE, Whirlpool, Kenmore, Frigidaire, Sub Zero, Amana, Viking, more. You’ll also find used mini refrigerators for spaces like dorm rooms or behind a home bar, antique and vintage refrigerators (we saw a neat Coca-Cola chest refrigerator on our last visit), and more. On the commercial side, find used refrigerators from True, Traulsen, Delfield, Hobart, Ascend, Randell, and more, including refrigerated cases, beverage display coolers, stainless steel refrigerator / prep equipment, much more. You can narrow the selection to only those refrigerators within driving distance by clicking the “Distance” link on the left side of the page and entering your zip code. (www.ebay.com)
2. Sears Outlet - Discount refrigerators from Sears that have been used in some capacity but have now been refurbished and are being resold at prices below regular retail. The site shows used, reconditioned refrigerators from Kenmore, Samsung, Bosch, Whirlpool, Amana, GE, Maytag, more. Not all refrigerators shown on the site are available in all areas. Click the “Add to Cart” button on any fridge to see if it’s actually available in your area. (www.searsoutlet.com)
Q. How do I make my AARP life insurance payment?
A. AARP life insurance is actually offered by New York Life insurance company, so you will be going to the New York Life site if you want to pay online, and any mailed payments will also go to New York Life. Check the links below and you should have no problem making your payment.
1. AARP New York Life Insurance - Manage My Payments - Go here to log in to your AARP life insurance account via New York Life to pay your life insurance premium online. If you don’t have a user ID and password, you can sign up for online access via a link on this page. (secure3.billerweb.com)
2. AARP Life Insurance Payment Mailing Address & Customer Service Phone Number - If you want to send in your AARP life insurance payment, you’ll find the Tampa Florida mailing address via this link. You’ll also find the telephone number for customer service if you have questions. (www.nylaarp.newyorklife.com)
Q. Where can I find seashell themed bedding for sale?
A. Below are 7 good sources for seashell bedding, many with other beach and nautical bedding offered as well.
1. Ocean Styles - The “Tropical Bedding” section of this beach-themed decor store offers Blue Shells Bedding, Coral Shells Bedding, Taupe Seashells Bedding, Atlantic Shells Bedding and other beachy bedding. There are a lot of bedding choices here; you will have to browse the page to find the shell bedding options. (www.oceanstyles.com)
2. Home By the Seashore - You’ll find at least a half dozen seashell theme bedding options for sale here, along with other beach, coastal, and nautical bedding. (homebytheseashore.com)
Q. Where can I find Dora The Explorer pumpkin carving stencils?
A. Below are 6 good sites for Dora pumpkin patterns:
1. Nick Jr. - Free & printable Dora pumpkin stencil from the official Nick Jr. site. Diego, too. The site was not working correctly last we checked, perhaps you will have better luck. (www.nickjr.com)
2. The Pumpkin Wizard - There are 3 different pumpkin stencils featuring Dora The Explorer within this site’s Kids section. They each cost 99 cents. (www.carvingpumpkins.com)
Q. Where can I find pumpkin stencils of Jack Skellington from Nightmare Before Christmas?
A. Below are 8 sources for free and paid stencils of Jack Skellington:
1. Free Jack Skellington Pumpkin Carving Template from Spoonful / Disney Family - As close as you can get to an “official” Jack Skellington pumpkin stencil, coming straight from Disney. (www.spoonful.com)
2. Zombie Pumpkins - This site offers 5 different Jack Skellington pumpkin carving stencils, including Sinister Jack, Happy Jack, Pumpkin King, and a couple of Jack pumpkins with hands and body parts (the others are just Jack’s face). You’ll also find other Nightmare Before Christmas templates here, as well as other characters from Tim Burton movies such as Mad Hatter, Sweeney Todd, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Corpse Bride and Willie Wonka. These pumpkin patterns are NOT free, but you can order as few as 2 patterns for 2 bucks, so still very cheap. (www.zombiepumpkins.com)
Q. Where can I see SUVs for sale by owner, NOT from dealerships?
A. While it’s tough to single out private owner for-sale SUV listings from those of dealers, the 7 links below are a good start on your search:
1. Auto Trader - Over 14,000 listings of used SUVs for sale from private owners here. You’ll want to narrow the selection obviously — click through and hit the “Modify search” button to select your zip code, price range, mileage, etc. of SUV you might want to buy. (www.autotrader.com)
2. Cars.com - Almost 5,000 listings of used SUVs being sold by owners at this classifieds site. Narrow the selection by location, year, make, mileage, price, etc. to find what you want. (www.cars.com)
Q. Who are some facility management companies that can manage and maintain large or small buildings / facilities?
A. Below is a list of 16 facility management companies, including the largest companies in the industry as well as smaller companies that specialize in certain regions of the country:
1. Aramark - Maybe better known as a food servicing company for corporate and event facilities, Aramark also provides complete facilities management services. (www.aramark.com)
2. CH2M Hill - Facility management company with operations across the United States as well as internationally. In addition to facilities management, the company offers engineering and project management services. (www.idcfs-ch2m.com)
Q. Where can I get a Kohl’s credit card application? Can I apply online?
A. You can apply for a Kohl’s credit card online or in a Kohl’s store. The links below will direct you to the online application as well as other helpful info:
1. Kohl’s Charge Application - Go to this page and click the Apply Now! button to get to the Kohl’s credit card application. You might want to note the message that says “Most applications can be processed within 60 seconds. In some instances, an application may require additional time to process, and the account may not be available for immediate use.” (apply.kohls.com)
2. My Kohl’s Charge - This page provides an alternate way to reach the Kohl’s credit card application (or log in to your account if you already have the card). (www.kohls.com)
Q. Where can I find women’s board shorts in plus sizes?
A. Below are 10 sources for plus size board shorts. Only a couple of stores really have wide selections, but between these 10 links you should be able to find a pair that you like:
1. Lands End - Offers a handful of board shorts in styles that include plus sizes — note that many of these styles are also available in smaller sizes, so look for the “Plus” tab for plus sizing when you click through on any pair. (www.landsend.com)
2. BoardShortsWorld.com - Offers custom board shorts in plus sizes up to 28, with your choice of a wide array of patterns or solid colors. Also offers plus size board skirts, pants and capris. (www.boardshortsworld.com)
Q. What are my options for paying my AT&T bill?
A. AT&T offers a lot of services these days, so your options vary depending on which services you have. In all cases, you can pay your bill online or by mail, plus you may have other options as well. The trick to making a payment online, of course, is finding what page is the right page to actually pay. Below are 10 links that should take you to every login page or piece of info you need to get your AT&T bill paid, regardless of the services you have:
1. Manage Your AT&T Accounts - This is the hub to pay any AT&T bill online — choose AT&T Wireless, AT&T home phone / Internet, or AT&T’s U-Verse service and make a payment online. Log in with your current username and password or register for online access. (www.att.com)
2. Contact AT&T - Problems paying your bill? Go here for answers — you’ll find answers to common questions as well as customer service phone numbers for AT&T home phone, wireless, TV, and Internet services. (www.att.com)
Q. Where can I find cool outdoor decorations for Halloween?
A. We’ve collected over a dozen sites, listed below, where you can either buy spooky outdoor Halloween decorations or get ideas for DIY decorations to make from your own materials:
1. Grandin Road - All sorts of neat outdoor Halloween decorations here, from scary animated life-size figures to fog machines to lighted skeletons, to inflatable Halloween decorations like black cats and Grim Reaper carriage, to yard tombstones to light-up ghosts to Halloween flags and much more. (www.grandinroad.com)
2. The Holiday Light Store - Large-scale Halloween light displays for sale here, including animated lighted scarecrow, animated lit bat, pumpkin carriage, light-up ghost who says “Boo!”, Frankenstein, skull light sets, more. (www.theholidaylightstore.com)
3. eBay - Almost 1,000 Halloween decorations for outside decorating here, including a lot of Halloween flags, light sets, inflatable Halloween decorations, lighted outdoor decorations, pumpkin pathway lights, more. (www.ebay.com)
Q. Where can I find new or used cherry pickers for sale?
A. Below are 10 sites from dealers or private owners selling cherry pickers:
1. Altec Nueco - Offers used cherry pickers and related lift equipment, and is the only dealer of “certified” used Altec equipment. Locations throughout the United States. (www.nueco.com)
2. Used Bucket Truck Cherry Pickers For Sale at eBay Motors - Cherry picker means different things to different people — if you think of a cherry picker as a long-armed bucket truck, you’ll find over 100 used cherry picker bucket trucks up for auction or immediate sale here, including Chevy, International, Ford, Sterling, GMC, more. (motors.shop.ebay.com)
3. Cherry Picker Engine Hoists at eBay - If your idea of a cherry picker is an engine hoist / shop crane, go here to find over 100 such cherry pickers up for auction or immediate sale. (www.ebay.com)
Q. Where do I go to log in to my Target credit card account?
A. Use the first link below to log in online to your Target Red Card account and pay your bill, etc. You may also find the links further down the page relevant to what you want to accomplish.
1. Target REDcard Sign In - Click through to log in and pay your Target RedCard credit card bill, view your account balance, etc. (rcam.target.com)
Q. How can I apply for a job at a DTLR store?
A. You can apply online, by phone, or at a DTLR store. See the links below for online application and info on other ways to apply:
1. DTLR Online Job Application - Click here to go straight to the DTLR online job application, via JobApp Network. (www.dtlrjob.com or secure.jobappnetwork.com)
2. DTLR Careers - This page gives an overview of jobs & career opportunities at DTLR, and provides a job application phone number as well as the URL to apply online. (www.dtlr.com)
Q. Where can I find dually trucks for sale?
A. Since you are here, we assume you know what a dually is, but, just in case, a dually is a truck with two wheels on each side in the back, for a total of 4 back wheels. These dual tire sets are helpful in particular for towing. There are a number of sources online where you can find listings of duallys for sale:
1. eBay - Over 300 used duallys up for auction or immediate sale here, including mostly Ford F-350 dually trucks, but also some Dodge Ram and Chevy Silverado duallys. Some of these dually trucks are for sale by owner, some from dealers. You can narrow the selection by zip code to see those close to you, as well as by criteria like price, mileage, etc. Both diesel and gas trucks available. (motors.shop.ebay.com)
2. Ford F-450 Dually Commercial Trucks - Specs and Buying Info at Ford.com - Go to the official Ford site to check out any of the F-450 models, including the Ford F-450 XL, XLT, Lariat, Platinum, and King Ranch. Choose a model then click the “Search Dealer Inventory” or “Build & Price” links to find local dealers that have these duallys for sale. (www.ford.com)
Q. How do I apply for a Dick’s Sporting Goods credit card? Can I make a Dick’s credit card payment online?
A. You can only apply for a Dick’s Sporting Goods credit card inside a Dick’s store. There is not an online application. If you already have a Dick’s credit card, you can pay your bill online or by mail. See the links below for online payment info and other information on Dick’s credit cards:
1. Dick’s Credit Card Online Login and Bill Payment - If you already are a holder of the Dick’s Sporting Goods credit card, you can go here to log in and pay your bill online. If you haven’t paid online previously, you’ll find a link to register your card and get your payment made. NOTE: You will be on a site from GE Capital Retail Bank, the actual issuer of the Dick’s credit card. (www.reviewmyaccount.com)
2. Dick’s Credit Card - Frequently Asked Questions - This page offers a wealth of information about the differences between the two Dick’s credit cards, one a Dick’s-only store card and the other a Dick’s MasterCard that can be used anywhere MasterCard is accepted. Both offer a way to get more Dick’s ScoreCard rewards points. (www.mydickssportinggoods.com)